- 8 oz. linguine or lo mein noodles
- 1/2 pound flank steak, sliced in thin strips
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons Pompeian OlivExtra California Select, plus 1 tablespoon for cooking
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2. In a medium boil combine the beef, corn starch, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and 2 teaspoons Pompeian OlivExtra California Select
oil. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon OlivExtra oil in your wok until very hot but not smoking and add your beef. Sear the beef all over, 3-5 minutes, and remove from the wok. Set aside.
4. Add the scallions, garlic and ginger to the wok and stir fry until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Add all the vegetables, except the snow peas, and stir-fry on high heat for 1 minute. Add the wine, noodles and beef, mix well, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan, and cook for 1 minute. Cover and cook for 1 minute more. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, sugar and snow peas. Mix well and stir-fry for 1 minute or until hot and serve immediately.