- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp. coarse sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange rind (about one large orange)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Classic Mediterranean Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 cups cranberries, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup orange juice (about 1 large orange)
Preheat oven to 400o
F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
In another bowl, whisk orange rind, juice, Pompeian Classic Mediterranean Olive Oil, and egg to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until moist. Fold in cranberries.
Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pans. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center.
Remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack (if liners stick to the pan, run a knife around the edge of the liner).