- 1 quart water
- 3/4 cup dried green lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa
- 2 ounces fresh asparagus tips cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 6 cups mix arugula and radicchio leaves
1. Bring the water to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan. Add the lentils, reduce heat, cover and simmer 17 minutes. Add the quinoa, cover and cook 7 minutes. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes or until asparagus is just tender crisp. Drain and run under cold water to completely cool. Shake off excess water.
2. Meanwhile, combine the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pompeian Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar, ginger, salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Add the cooled lentil mixture, mint, and pine nuts to the oil mixture and toss gently, until well coated.
4. Serve over arugula and radicchio mix.