- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 4 cups water
- 5 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil, add the lentils, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until lentils are just tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the Pompeian Grapeseed Oil and pepper flakes over medium heat until just warmed; do not bring to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in the remaining Pompeian Grapeseed Oil ingredients, cover and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons Pompeian Grapeseed Oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and carrots 10 minutes or until beginning to brown on edges, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes and cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes are soft, stirring frequently. Add the cilantro, 3/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper and cook 30 seconds.
4. Drain lentils well. Place in a shallow pasta bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the lentils and spoon the oil evenly over all.