- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. fresh, whole green beans, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pompeian White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. coarse grain Dijon mustard
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 cups water
1. Bring water to a boil in a Dutch oven over high heat. Add the beans, return to a boil, and continue boiling 2 minutes or until beans are just tender crisp. Do not overcook.
2. Immediately drain beans in a colander and run under cold water until completely cooled; shake off excess liquid. Place on paper towels to blot off any liquid.
3. Place the beans in a shallow pasta bowl or salad bowl. Add the onions, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until time of serving.
4. Meanwhile, combine the salad dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
5. At time of serving, whisk salad dressing and pour over the beans and onion. Toss gently, yet thoroughly to coat. Sprinkle with the cheese. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.