- 1 pound plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Pompeian OlivExtra Premium Mediterranean Blend
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices (about 16 slices)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
1. Heat 1 tablespoon Pompeian OlivExtra Premium Mediterranean Blend in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic to skillet and cook 1 minute, stirring often.
2. Add tomatoes, basil, Pompeian White Balsamic Vinegar and Parmesan to skillet. Stir together until well blended and warmed through, about 3 minutes. Transfer tomato mixture to a bowl and wipe out skillet.
3. Working in batches, heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining Pompeian OlivExtra Premium Mediterranean Blend at a time in large skillet over medium heat. Add four bread slices to pan and flip immediately so both sides are coated with oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and bread slices, reducing heat to medium-low if pan gets too hot.
4. Top bread slices with tomato mixture and serve immediately.