- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 large leeks, tough green ends discarded, thinly sliced crosswise and well rinsed
- 6 tablespoons Pompeian Pure Classic Olive Oil
1. In a large saucepan, heat the Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Add leeks, onion and ¼ teaspoon of the salt to pot and stir to combine. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook leeks for about 20 minutes or until softened and tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon salt, broth, potatoes, parsley sprigs and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for about 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Working in batches, carefully puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Return pureed soup to saucepan and stir in half-and-half. Heat over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until warmed through. Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon Pompeian Pure Classic Olive Oil and sprinkle with chives; serve immediately.