- 1 cup Pompeian Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 large cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp. salt
1. Dry chickpeas thoroughly with paper towels.
2. Using a candy thermometer, heat Pompeian Grapeseed Oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high until it reaches 355 degrees. Add chickpeas, zest and thyme to pan in batches to avoid overcrowding.
3. Fry chickpeas for about 5 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with paprika and salt. Serve immediately.