- 1 Tbsp. Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups ripe bananas (4-5), mashed
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Use Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil to oil a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan.
2. To prepare filling, blend walnuts, chocolate, sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3. To prepare cake batter, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to blend. Combine buttermilk, Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a second large bowl and whisk to blend. Add mashed bananas to liquid mixture and stir. Pour liquid mixture into bowl of dry ingredients. Stir just until blended (do not over mix).
4. Spoon one third of cake batter into prepared Bundt pan and sprinkle with half of filling mixture. Spoon another layer of cake batter into the pan, using half of the remaining batter, and sprinkle with remaining filling mixture. Cover filling with remaining cake batter. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 min., until a wooden pick inserted into cake is free of batter.
5. To prepare chocolate glaze, melt chocolate in a double boiler and stir in olive oil. Allow glaze to cool and thicken slightly.
6. Pour glaze over top of Bundt cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Allow glaze to set before serving.