- Granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 extra-large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare the tins: Lightly butter 3 large-sized muffins tins. Sprinkle each with a little granulated sugar, shaking out the excess, and set aside. You can also line the tins with paper muffin cups instead of buttering and sugaring them.
3. The muffins: In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
4. In the workbowl of a food processor, combine the sugar, maple syrup, Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil, sour cream, eggs and vanilla and process until smooth. Add the grated carrots and pineapple and pulse 3 to 4 times.
5. Transfer the carrot mixture to the flour mixture and whisk gently but thoroughly until all the dry ingredients just disappear.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared pans, filling each muffin cup about 3/4 full. Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean.
7. Remove the muffins from their tins and place on wire cake racks to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.