- Coarse salt
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil, plus extra for the grill
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1-1/2 tsp. garlic, finely minced
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 24 (12-inch long) wooden skewers
1. In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil, Pompeian Sherry Cooking Wine, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and cracked pepper and whisk until well blended. Add drops of Tabasco to taste and set the marinade aside.
2. With a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 12 long, thin strips, about 1/2-inch thick and place them in a large zip-lock bag. Pour the marinade over the strips and seal the bag. Set the bag in a bowl and refrigerate overnight or for 12 hours, turning the strips in the marinade several times.
3. The next day, soak the wooden skewers in water for 1 hour before using.
4. Remove the strips of chicken from the marinade and thread 1 strip onto each of the soaked skewers, weaving the skewer back and forth along the length of each strip. Set aside.
5. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill. The gas grill should be set to high. When the gas grill is hot or when the coals of the charcoal grill are red hot, brush the chicken strips with a little of the extra olive oil and sprinkle with a little coarse salt. Place the strips on the gas grill or directly above the coals of the charcoal grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, basting often with the marinade. Remove the skewers from the grill, sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve hot, garnished with sprigs of cilantro, accompanied by steamed jasmine rice and a spicy peanut sauce (see recipe