For the meatballs:
1 pound ground chicken
1 cup zucchini finely shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup onion finely minced
2 garlic cloves finely minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon sea salt
black pepper to taste
3 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup marinara sauce
2 zucchinis large, spiralized
1 Tablespoon Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Into a mixing bowl, add chicken and all meatball ingredients. Use a spoon to mix it up thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into balls (about 3 Tablespoons each), and roll to form a smooth ball.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, and drizzle with Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add the meatballs into the pan, giving them space so they brown without steaming.
- When one side of the meatballs have browned, use a fork to gently turn them, and brown on all sides. The meatballs will cook through in about 10 minutes.
- If desired, add marinara sauce, and cook until it’s simmering along with the meatballs.
- Spiralize zucchini, and then drizzle zoodles with more Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Toss to coat, and then serve topped with chicken meatballs, marinara, and optional parmesan cheese to garnish.