2 cups of mixed olives
1/2 cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
Strips of orange zest from one orange
Strips of lemon zest from one lemon
Juice of 1/2 orange
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Combine the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar, and bay leaves in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
- Remove from the heat and add in the red pepper flakes, rosemary, fennel, citrus strips and juice.
- Place the olives in a container and pour in the olive oil mixture. Stir to thoroughly coat the olives.
- Refrigerate for two hours or for up to two weeks.
- Transfer to a jar.
- When ready to serve, shake to redistribute seasonings.