1 Tablespoon Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
1 Tablespoon curry spice blend
1 teaspoon coriander, ground
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons ginger, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 cups butternut squash, diced
1 cup coconut cream
2 cups broth
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3-4 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat a pot over medium-high heat. Add the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat for 1-2 minutes. Add in the onion, curry powder, coriander, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the spices begin to bloom and become fragrant.
- Add in the butternut squash, coconut milk, broth, and salt. Cover pot with the lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. After the 15 minute mark, test to see if the butternut squash is fork tender.
- Once squash has become tender and started breaking apart to thicken the sauce, remove from heat.
- Serve with rice and chopped cilantro.