2 cups cooked, cooled fluffed quinoa
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Combine the quinoa, parmesan cheese, eggs, chives, and spices in a medium bowl.
- Stir until the eggs are well incorporated throughout the mixture.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, press the quinoa mixture into the measuring cup, firmly packing it to about 2/3 full. Slide the patty out and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. ( Note*: Rinse the measuring cup with water or brush inside with oil if the mixture starts to stick after a few patties.
- Chill the patties at least 15 minutes or up to 2 days ahead of time
- Heat 2 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, place half the patties into the skillet. Cook until golden brown and crispy (flipping once), about 3 minutes per side. Cook the remaining patties.
- Place the cooked patties on a cooling rack to allow any excess oil to drip away.
- Enjoy these patties warm or at room temperature as a handheld snack along with your favorite dipping sauce, or with sauteed vegetables for a more substantial meal.