For the marinade:
5 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons minced ginger
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 pound fresh tuna
For the salad:
1 whole grapefruit supreme
1 whole orange supreme
2 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a mixing bowl combine the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, toasted sesame seed oil, garlic, lime juice, ginger, cilantro, honey, salt and black pepper.
- Mix until will combined. Add in tuna and coat with the marinade. Marinade for 20-30 minutes. While tuna in marinating, prepare your citrus salad.
- Toss your citrus supremes with the olive oil and place aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high heat in a skillet.
- Remove tuna from marinade and sear on one side for 5-6 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Turn over tuna and sear for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove and let rest for a few 4 minutes.
- To serve garnish with citrus salad, toasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.