1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 Portobello mushroom
1 handful of asparagus
1 Tablespoon Pompeian Rich Taste Olive Oil
6 Tablespoons hummus
2 whole grain tortillas
1 dash Pompeian Rich Taste Olive Oil, for brushing
1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Light grill to medium heat.
- Wash and cut the vegetables. Place the vegetables in a bowl and combine with Pompeian Rich Taste Olive Oil, sea salt and pepper. Make sure all the veggies are lightly coated, then transfer to the grill.
- Grill the vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3 minutes until the veggies are tender. Remove the veggies from the heat and chop into small pieces.
- Assemble the quesadillas by lightly brushing both tortillas with Pompeian Rich Taste Olive Oil. Flip the tortilla over and spread 4 Tablespoons of hummus (2 Tablespoons on each tortilla) over the entire surface and then divide a large handful of mixed vegetables on half of each tortilla. You should have some leftover vegetables – enjoy them through the week!
- Transfer the tortillas over low heat on the grill and allow to cook for about 3 minutes. Fold in half, flip, and cook until the tortilla is golden and crisp, about 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board to slice each one in half. Serve immediately with mashed avocado, the remaining hummus and garnish with fresh cilantro.