1 lb. flank steak or sirloin steak
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon minced ginger
1 Tablespoon cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
10-12 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine the steak, Shaoxing wine, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, cumin powder, and ground black pepper in a zip lock bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal. Massage the bag a few times.
- Let the steak marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat until hot. Add in the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and steak. Sear both sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and discard any charred bits that come from the marinade residue with a pair of tongs.
- Transfer the pan into the oven and cook the steak until it reaches the desired doneness. 130˚F for medium rare and 140˚F for medium well.
- Let the steak cool for a few minutes before slicing it into bite-size pieces.
- Add the steak, sliced shallot, and pepper onto the lettuce leaves and assemble like you would a taco.