For the Pizza
2 3/4 cups bread dough
1 package instant yeast
1 teaspoon sugar or sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/4 cup warm water
Balsamic Glaze (for garnish)
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
3/4 cup cashew cream sauce (recipe below)
3/4 cup feta cheese
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup spinach
Garnish with microgreens, a healthy drizzle of the Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and balsamic glaze
For the Cashew Cream
1 cup raw cashews
2 1/4 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
5 1/2 Tablespoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of pepper
For the Balsamic Glaze
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
Microgreens and a drizzle of olive oil for garnish
For the Balsamic glaze
- Add a small saucepan over medium heat along with the balsamic vinegar and a sweetener of choice. Heat until it starts to bubble and bowl.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for around 10 minutes or until half is reduced. It should be a thicker consistency. Use to drizzle on the pizza
For the Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl, add the package of yeast and sweetener along with warm water. Allow this mixture to sit for 5 minutes to become creamy and frothy.
- To a large bowl, add the flour and salt. Before transferring the liquid, add the Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and combine in the liquid mixture. Transfer the wet mix to the dry mix.
- Mix together with a spatula until a sticky dough ball forms. Transfer the dough to a floured surface, kneading into a smooth ball of dough. Add extra flour if needed.
- Once the dough ball is smooth, roll the dough with a rolling pin into the desired shape of choice.
- Transfer the shaped dough to a lightly greased pan.
- For the cashew cream, add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and turn on high until combined and creamy.
- Add the cashew sauce and layer with the rest of the pizza toppings: cashew sauce, tomatoes, chopped chicken, sliced onions, feta cheese, and spinach.
- Add the pizza to oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with fresh microgreens and drizzle with the balsamic glaze and a healthy drizzle of the Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Author: Healthy Little Peach