1-2 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
½ cup mixed peppers, fresh or frozen
¼ small onion
2 cloves garlic, OR jarred, minced garlic
½ cup packed spinach, fresh or frozen
2-3 large eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
Hot sauce or salsa optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat your olive oil in an oven safe skillet (I like cast iron) over medium heat. Add your sweet potatoes and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the fresh or thawed green pepper, red pepper, and onion. Continue to cook an additional 5 minutes or until all of the vegetables are soft. Stir in your garlic and spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Crack 2-3 eggs over your vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are just set. Make sure to watch closely to avoid over cooking.
- Serve with hot sauce or salsa if desired.