Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 pound asparagus, peeled, steamed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1-1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, unpeeled and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
5 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 extra-large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, heat 3 Tablespoons of the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil together with the butter over low heat. When the butter has melted, add the shallots and potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook, covered, until the potatoes are tender, stirring often. Transfer the mixture to a colander, drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, season with salt and pepper and whisk until well blended. Fold in the reserved asparagus and the potato/shallot mixture.
- Add the remaining Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the skillet and set over medium heat. When hot, add the egg mixture and disperse the asparagus and potatoes evenly among the eggs. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the bottom is just set.
- Sprinkle the top of the egg mixture with the remaining Parmesan cheese and bake in the center of the preheated oven, for about 16-20 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is lightly browned. Remove the frittata from the oven. Loosen the frittata, if necessary, by running a spatula around the insides of the skillet and carefully slide the frittata onto a large serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges, accompanied by a well-seasoned green salad and a crusty French baguette.