1 Tablespoon Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cups of peeled and diced beets
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary
Fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1 orange peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, beets, salt, rosemary and black pepper. Spread onto a baking pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. While beets are baking, bring balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a gentle boil in a saucepan, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens after about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once beets are tender, remove from oven and place in a pot with the balsamic glaze. Toss mixture until beets are coated in the glaze.
- Plate and top with orange slices and walnuts.