Salt, to taste
4 cups loosely packed basil leaves
4 garlic cloves
Juice from 1 lemon
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
A pinch of salt
4-5 Tablespoons of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for marinating
1 pound Whole Wheat Pasta
1 pound Chicken Tenders
- Marinate 1 pound of chicken tenders with a few torn basil leaves, juice from half a lemon, two grated garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and pepper and a heavy pour of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for as long as possible.
- For the pesto, add 4 cloves of garlic, 4 cups of loosely packed basil leaves, juice of the other half of the lemon, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and 4-5 Tablespoons of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Oil into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set pesto aside.
- When the chicken is done marinating, heat up a large cast iron skillet or a grill if available and cook the chicken until tender. About 6-8 minutes on each side.
- While the chicken is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- When pasta is tender and cooked through, drain and add back into the same pot with the reserved pesto. Separate pasta into four bowls once the pesto is well incorporated and top with the sliced chicken. Serve and enjoy!