For the BBQ Tofu:
1 6-ounce can tomato paste, preferably organic
1 cup water
3 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Dash of ground cayenne
1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, pressed for 15 minutes*
For the Kebabs:
1 red onion
1 bell pepper
3-4 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, place tomato paste, water, Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, molasses, applesauce, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne. Whisk to combine. When it begins to bubble, cover (this is important). Turn the heat down to low and let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Add more water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch pieces. Place in a large bowl. Pour the BBQ sauce on top (you may not need all of it). Stir to evenly coat the tofu; let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
Arrange the tofu on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the red onion, zucchini, bell pepper and pineapple into 1-inch chunks. Place each ingredient in a separate bowl.
- When the tofu is done, arrange the kebabs. Layer the tofu and vegetables onto the skewers until all ingredients are used up.
- Place the kebabs on the baking sheet; brush or drizzle with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly charred.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
2 hours 30 mins
Heirloom Tomato & Grilled Halloumi Panzanella Salad with Basil Oil
1 hour 55 mins