1 1/2 cups raw cashews
2 small butternut squash
1/4 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup vegetable stock
5 cardamom pods
1/2 tsp salt
ciabatta, sliced thin
pepitas, roasted and salted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large pot or kettle of water over high heat until boiling.
- Cut your butternut squash in half and remove the seeds. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake on a baking sheet open face up, for 1 hour.
- Add your raw cashews to a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, drain and rinse your cashews and add them to a blender.
- Scoop out the “meat” of the squash from the skin and add it to your blender as well.
- Pour olive oil, vegetable stock, cardamom pods, and salt into the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Heat a small skillet with Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Add your ciabatta slices and toast each side until golden brown.
- Pour your soup into a bowl and top with olive oil croutons and pepita seeds.