For the chicken and marinade:
6 chicken cutlets, thinly sliced and pounded (¼ inch thick)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Juice of half a lime
For the bell peppers:
2 large bell peppers (mix of colors), thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make the chicken marinade: Whisk Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and fresh lime juice. Add the chicken cutlets into the marinade and toss until thoroughly coated. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Toss sliced bell peppers with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place some of the seasoned bell peppers on top of the marinated chicken cutlets. Roll them up tightly and secure with toothpicks (pre-soaked with water).
- Arrange on a lightly oiled baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or golden brown and until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Always use a thermometer to check for doneness. Enjoy!