3 thin chicken cutlets, pounded evenly flattened
Fresh cracked black pepper
Zest from one lemon, divided
6 thin slices of prosciutto
10-12 fresh sage leaves
6 wooden skewers
3 tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
Lemon wedge for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken cutlets on a flat work surface. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and lemon zest on both sides Cut chicken in half to have 6 total pieces. Lay 1 slice of prosciutto atop each chicken piece. At the short end, tightly roll up each chicken cutlet.
- Take two of the wooden skewers and thread 1 sage leaf crosswise on a skewer and then follow with the rolled chicken. Repeat with placing another sage leaf on top of the chicken, then another chicken roll and top with another sage leaf. The skewers should have a total of 3 sage leaves and 2 chicken rolls. Repeat same process with the other remaining skewers, sage leaves and chicken. Drizzle the skewers with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat a large cast iron over medium-high heat and add in 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, add the skewers to the skillet and cook on one side for 5 minutes. Flip over and add the remaining sage leaves to the skillet. Place skillet in oven and cook for 10mins until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- When chicken is done, remove from oven and deglaze with chicken stock and squeeze fresh lemon juice into the skillet.