For the Zucchini
3-4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
Freshly cracked salt and pepper
For the Shrimp
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
For the Veggies
1 Tablespoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped zucchini from the removed flesh
Corn from one ear of sweet corn
1-2 jalapenos, seeded, deveined and minced
1 Roma tomato
1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons lime juice to taste
3 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim the ends of the zucchini and slice in half horizontally. Score the zucchini 1/4 inch from the edges with a knife then scoop out the flesh using a teaspoon or melon baller, leaving 1/4 inch shell all the way around to create a “boat.” Reserve 1/2 cup of the chopped zucchini flesh for later use.
- Place zucchini boats in a baking dish and coat well with the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sprinkle with freshly cracked salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake the zucchini for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all of the shrimp ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Let the mixture sit while you chop your veggies.
- Heat 2 healthy Tablespoons of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large heavy duty skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and let cook 2-3 minutes per side, until opaque and cooked through. Remove to a plate and chop off tails once cool enough to handle.
- To the now empty pan, heat one tablespoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium high heat. Add onions, corn, zucchini and jalapenos and cook for 2 minutes. Add bell peppers, tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon salt pepper and cook for additional 2 minutes or until veggies reach desired crisp tenderness. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more.
- Add shrimp back to the pan along with the lime juice and cilantro. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide shrimp mixture between zucchini boats and garnish with Cotija cheese and additional cilantro if desired.
Author: Carl’s Bad Cravings
2 hours 40 mins
Olive-Oil Confit Chicken with the Lemon, Potatoes, Green Olives + Herbs
Orecchiette Pasta with Corn and Tomatoes