2 small or 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1 in chunks
Sprinkle of salt
3-4 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons white miso paste
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chili sauce
3 Tablespoons green onion
- Place the chopped eggplant on a large plate or cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to draw out any excess moisture. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Make the sauce by combining the soy sauce, white miso paste, honey, rice wine vinegar and chili sauce in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the eggplant. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan – it may need to be done in 2 batches. Sauté until the eggplant is soft and crispy on the outside, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the sauce and green onion and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve right away over rice or as a side dish.