1 cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil + plus more for pasta
Salt and pepper
1 large egg
2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 pound dry spaghetti
Quick Skillet Tomato Sauce or jarred marinara of choice
Parlsey or basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 450ºF with racks in top and bottom thirds. Place a baking sheet on bottom rack while oven preheats. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Combine panko, Parmesan, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly beat egg in a second shallow dish.
- Halve chicken breasts horizontally, then cover chicken halves with plastic wrap and pound to an even ¼-inch thickness with a meat pounder; pat chicken dry.
- Dip chicken halves in egg, then dip in panko mixture, pressing to coat thoroughly.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and coat with olive oil spray. Transfer breaded chicken to baking sheet and roast, on bottom rack, 6 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven, flip chicken pieces, then top each piece with 3 tablespoons mozzarella. Conbtinue to roast chicken on bottom rack until mozzarella melts and a thermometer inserted into the thickest parts of chicken registers 165°F, 5–6 minutes.
- Transfer sheet to top rack, turn oven to broil and broil chicken until cheese is golden brown and breading is crispy, 1–2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season boiling water with salt, then add spaghetti and cook according to package directions.
- Drain spaghetti and return to now-empty pot; toss with a splash of olive oil.
- Serve chicken over pasta with tomato sauce and parsley or basil, if using.