4 slices sourdough bread
1 zucchini, sliced thin
1 large bell pepper, sliced thin
1 red onion, sliced thin
2-3 Tablespoons Pompeian Gourmet Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 tbsp hummus
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 avocado, sliced thin
2-3 slices of cheese
Fresh basil, optional
- Heat your grill or preheat the oven to roast setting (400).
- Slice the veggies and add to a large bowl. Toss in Pompeian Gourmet Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season to your liking.
- Add the veggies to the grill, cooking a few minutes on both sides, until tender.
- Lightly oil your slices of bread on one side and place on the grill (alternatively you can place them in a toaster or on a pan on the stove top). Let them toast until golden.
- Add some mayonnaise and hummus to the slices. Then add on the grilled veggies and fresh basil, spinach, or anything else you’d like.
- Place a slice or two of cheese on top and close the sandwiches.
- Place back on the grill, for a minute or so on each side until the cheese has melted to your liking. Enjoy!