1 package (1lb.) linguine pasta
2 garlic cloves, diced
½ cup Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 1 Tablespoon
1 teaspoon dried italian herbs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3 cups frozen spinach
1 ½ cups pitted green olives, cut in half
4 oz. parmesan cheese, grated finley
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large pot, bring lightly salted water to boil, add linguine and cook according to package directions until al-dente. Typically about 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, add ¼ cup Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a large frying pan, add diced garlic and cook on medium heat until fragrant. Add chickpeas, dried italian herbs, salt and black pepper. Fry chickpeas for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until crispy and golden brown.
- Add frozen spinach and olives and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Return the linguine and reserved cooking water to the pot, keep on low heat while you are combining to rest of the ingredients. Add in half of the parmesan cheese and ¼ cup Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, stir to combine. Add chickpea mixture and lemon juice.
- Divide into 4 bowls and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and remaining parmesan cheese.