For the Lemon Oregano Chicken:
2-3 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons dried Greek oregano
Zest and juice of one lemon
4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
6-8 chicken thighs (or any dark meant)
1 lemon, halved
For the Peri-Peri Fries:
6-8 medium starchy potatoes, scrubbed
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon peri-peri chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Optional Garnishes: shredded lettuce, cubed feta, diced tomato, diced cucumber, pickled red onion and lemon wedges.
- Whisk Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, pepper, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic in a shallow dish and add chicken pieces. Use your hands to massage the marinade into the chicken, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat your covered grill to 350°F.
- Prepare potatoes by slicing them into wedges and adding to a cast iron skillet or baking sheet. Spray with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray and add spices. Toss to coat and place on the grill with the chicken and the halved lemons.
- Cook chicken and potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken registers 160°F.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl, squeeze lemon juices over and cover until ready to serve.