1 cup cocoa powder
¾ cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup Pompeian Made Easy Bake Olive Oil + more for coating the pan
¾ cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8” x 8” baking pan with 1 teaspoon of Pompeian Made Easy Bake Olive Oil.
- Combine the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the eggs, sugars and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or a bowl and hand mixer. Start whisking slowly until combined then on high speed until the mixture is pale and has thickened, trails from the whisk will be noticeable, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the Pompeian Made Easy Bake Olive Oil and mix to combine.
- Stir in the melted chocolate until just incorporated.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, repeat with the remaining dry mix.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and smooth it out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs attached. Allow to cool before cutting.