1½ pounds russet potatoes
1-2 32 ounce bottle Pompeian Made Easy Fry Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large dutch oven or large pot halfway with the Pompeian Made Easy Olive Oil and heat over medium high to 300°F, about 15 minutes, a potato stick dropped in should moderately bubble.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into ¼” x ¼” sticks, place them in a bowl fully covered with water and give them a gentle stir by hand, to remove excess starch.
- Set a colander in the sink and remove the potatoes from the water to strain, don’t dump them from the bowl directly.
- Have a tray or plate large enough to hold the fries in an even single layer ready.
- Shake any excess water off and carefully add about 2 handfuls of potatoes to the Pompeian Made Easy Olive Oil using a large slotted spoon, make sure they are fully submerged and have some room to move.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes, stirring occasionally with the spoon, or until one breaks with little resistance when bent in half with a pair of tongs, they should not have any color at this point.
- Remove them to the tray or plate. Allow the Pompeian Made Easy Olive Oil to return to 300°F if it has dropped before adding the next batch.
- Continue until all of the potatoes have been cooked once, and allow them to cool fully before the final fry. At this point they may be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To finish,have a large bowl ready and heat the Pompeian Made Easy Fry Oil to 350°F, about 15-20 minutes from cold, or about 10 minutes if it’s still warm, a cooked potato stick should bubbly vigorously.
- Carefully add a couple handfuls of fries to the pot using the slotted spoon, again making sure they are fully submerged and have some room to move. Cook, stirring occasionally until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Adjust the heat as needed to keep the Pompeian Made Easy Olive Oil as close to 350°F as possible throughout the process.
- Remove the fries to the bowl and toss with salt and pepper to taste, repeat with the remaining fries.