1/4 cup Pompeian Rich Taste Olive Oil
1 large white onion, minced
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 cup vodka
2 (28 oz.) cans of whole peeled tomatoes
5 oz. baby spinach, thinly sliced
1 oz. fresh basil, thinly sliced
1 cup heavy cream
2 lb. fresh ravioli or ravioletti
Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Heat the Pompeian Rich Taste Olive Oil in a Dutch oven on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Add in the red pepper flakes and oregano and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the vodka and simmer until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Add the whole peeled tomatoes into the pot, crushing each of the tomatoes through your fingers as you do so. Pour in the tomato juice liquid from the cans as well and stir to combine. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper to the pot, then cover it with a tight fitting lid and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 90 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, pour the tomato mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour back into the pot, then stir in the baby spinach, basil and heavy cream. Simmer just until all the greens are wilted. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and add it to the vodka sauce, stirring to combine.
- Finally, remove from the heat and serve warm.