1 pound plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 loaf Italian bread, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices (about 16 slices)
1/4 cup chopped basil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic to skillet and cook 1 minute, stirring often
- Add tomatoes, basil, Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar and parmesan to skillet. Stir together until well blended and warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a bowl and wipe out skillet
- Working in batches, heat 2 Tablespoon of the remaining Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil at a time in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add four bread slices to pan and flip immediately so both sides are coated with oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and bread slices, reducing heat to medium-low if pan gets too hot.
- Top bread slices with tomato mixture and serve immediately.