For the salad:
1/2 pound shrimp, fresh or frozen, peeled and deveined, boiled then cut into 1 inch pieces
2 medium size avocados, cubed
1 pound tomatoes, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
Extra cilantro and serrano, to garnish
Tortilla chips, to serve
For the dressing:
1 bunch cilantro, stems and leaves included
1/2 to 1 serrano peppers (depending on desired spice level)
2 ounces fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil with 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water for after the shrimp are done cooking.
- Once the water comes to a low boil, add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until bright pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and place them directly into the ice water bath to stop the cooking.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients besides the EVOO to a blender. Process until the cilantro is broken down as much as possible. Then add the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large serving bowl. Slowly add large spoonful’s of the dressing and gently toss to combine. You may have some extra dressing that you can serve on the side to dip tortilla chips in.
- Garnish with extra cilantro, diced serrano, salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips.