3 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon salted butter
1 yellow onion, chopped
Kosher salt, to taste
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon minced, fresh rosemary
1/4 cups raw cashews
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes and their juices
2 1/2 cups vegan “chicken” broth or chicken broth
Juice of 1 lemon
1 can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 packed cup baby spinach
Salt and pepper taste
Drizzle of Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh minced thyme and rosemary
Red pepper flakes
- Place a deep pot over medium heat and add the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melted add the onion and a generous pinch of salt then sauté 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary and cashews to the pot and sauté for another minute until aromatic.
- Add the can of tomatoes and the broth to the pot and increase the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool just slightly before blending. Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to the pot over medium heat and add the lemon juice, white beans and spinach. Heat for just a minute or so, stirring, until the spinach wilts into the soup.
- Serve immediately in individual bowls topped with a drizzle of Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a sprinkling of Maldon salt, fresh herbs and red pepper flakes.