3 Tablespoons Pompeian Gourmet Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon salted butter
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped OR jarred, minced garlic
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves OR 1 tsp dried thyme, to taste
1 teaspoon minced, fresh rosemary OR small pinch of dried rosemary, to taste
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes and their juices
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
Juice of 1 lemon
1 15oz can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 packed cup baby spinach, fresh or frozen
Salt and pepper taste
Drizzle of Pompeian Gourmet Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh minced thyme and rosemary OR dried
Red pepper flakes
- Place a deep pot over medium heat and add the Pompeian Gourmet Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melted add the onion and a generous pinch of salt then sauté 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, thyme and rosemary to the pot and sauté for another minute until aromatic.
- Add the can of tomatoes and the broth to the pot and increase the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool just slightly before blending. Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to the pot over medium heat and add the lemon juice, white beans and spinach. Heat for just a minute or so, stirring, until the spinach wilts into the soup.
- Serve immediately in individual bowls topped with a drizzle of Pompeian Gourmet Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a sprinkling of salt, herbs and red pepper flakes.