1 pound ground beef
2 large eggs
¼ cup dry breadcrumbs (plain or Italian-seasoned)
¼ cup grated pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cups prepared marinara sauce
1 pound dried spaghetti
- Put the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese, basil, garlic and salt in a large mixing bowl. Using a large fork or your hands, mix until all the ingredients are evenly blended.
- Form the mixture into 2” balls (about ¼ cup each).
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and pour in the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Arrange the meatballs in the pan. Fry until they’re evenly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Bring the marinara sauce to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Transfer the browned meatballs to the saucepan. Simmer 8-10 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- While the meatballs are simmering, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the meatballs and sauce to the spaghetti and toss gently. Serve with additional grated cheese.