1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 medium eggplant
1 16 oz. package whole wheat noodles
1 24 oz. jar pasta sauce
1 cup spinach, chopped
Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F and lightly grease a baking sheet with Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray.
- In a food processor, place oats, almonds, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Pulse the mixture until it’s semi-smooth with some texture left. It should feel like coarse sand.
- Place the dry mixture in one bowl and the almond milk in another bowl.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds. Dip each eggplant slice in the almond milk for a few seconds, then place it in the dry mixture, coating both sides with the breading. Shake off the excess breading and then place on the baking sheet. Repeat with all eggplant slices.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the eggplant is cooked through and slightly crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a small pot over medium heat, place in the pasta sauce and spinach. Cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and grease the pan with the Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray. Place eggplant slices in the skillet, cooking for 2 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Serve eggplant slices over the pasta with the sauce and garnish with parsley and extra nutritional yeast.