2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 whole wheat baguette, sliced
1 pound assorted wild mushrooms, sliced if large
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon minced chives
1 ounce shaved Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Heat the Pompeian Gourmet Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garlic in a large skillet over low heat for 10 minutes until fragrant.
- Brush the baguette slices with the garlic infused Pompeian Gourmet Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil and arrange on two sheet pans. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- With the remaining olive oil in the skillet, sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes until they start to brown. Add the salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes more letting the mushrooms caramelize.
- Spoon the mushrooms over the toasted bread. Sprinkle with parsley, chives and Parmesan.