2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 whole wheat baguette, sliced
1 pound assorted wild mushrooms, sliced if large
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon minced chives
1 ounce shaved Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Heat the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garlic in a large skillet over low heat for 10 minutes until fragrant.
- Brush the baguette slices with the garlic infused Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and arrange on two sheet pans. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- With the remaining olive oil in the skillet, sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes until they start to brown. Add the salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes more letting the mushrooms caramelize.
- Spoon the mushrooms over the toasted bread. Sprinkle with parsley, chives and Parmesan.