For the marinade:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves minced garlic
For the Caesar dressing:
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon Dijon
1 clove minced garlic
3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1-3 smashed and minced anchovies (according to taste)
For the wraps:
1 head of Romaine, chopped
4 whole wheat tortillas, pitas or wrap of choice
Grated parmesan to finish
- Flatten the chicken by butterflying each breast or placing them between two sheets of parchment and pounding with a rolling pin. Cut each breast in two pieces.
- Combine 2 Tablespoons of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and add chicken. Coat with marinade and let sit 10 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates make the Caesar dressing. Put all dressing ingredients except olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Tilt the bowl and use a folded dish towel to keep it at an angle. Whisk to combine and then slowly pour olive oil into the bowl while whisking continuously. Add salt or pepper to taste. Dressing keeps refrigerated 3-4 days.
- Heat a non stick skillet and once pan is hot add marinated chicken. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until golden in places and cooked through. If you’re unsure, cut one in half to test for doneness.
- To assemble wraps, toss romaine leaves with enough dressing to coat. Slice chicken breasts into 1/2” slices. Warm wraps if desired and divide salad between them. Top each salad with chicken and drizzle extra dressing on top. Garnish with grated Parmesan.