2 Tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 Tablespoons chopped ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
2-3 Tablespoons curry powder or curry paste (adjust to preference)
3 teaspoons sugar or maple syrup (adjust to preference)
3 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
2 servings of cooked rice or noodles
Optional toppings: Soy sauce, crushed peanuts, chili oil, lime wedges, shredded purple cabbage, carrots or zucchini
- Heat a non-stick pot and add 2 Tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add in the onions and sauté until translucent, then add the ginger and garlic and cook until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add curry powder or paste and give the mixture a quick stir. Then add vegetable broth, sugar, salt, black pepper and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and simmer for another minute or so. Taste and season the soup accordingly with salt and pepper as needed.
- Stir in coconut milk and turn off the heat.
- Ladle soup onto rice and serve with toppings and garnishes of your choice.