1 cup almonds
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
16 ounces fresh baby spinach
1 cup dried cranberries
2 large pears (I like Bartlett)
2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup Goat or feta cheese
For the dressing:
2 Tablespoons Pompeian Rose Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic White Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 Tablespoon poppyseeds
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 – 3 Tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large skillet, add the sliced almonds and white sugar. Place the heat to medium-high and stir near constantly. The sugar will begin to melt and become a sticky liquid and then stick to the almonds. This takes about 3 – 4 minutes. Watch carefully and stir near constantly to avoid burning the nuts.
- Dump the candied almonds onto a sheet of parchment paper and let harden. Break apart.
- Fill a large bowl with the spinach. Add the dried cranberries and candied (completely cooled) almonds.
- Thinly slice the pears and then toss with 2 – 3 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. Add to the salad.
- Add the goat or feta cheese.
- For the dressing: combine all of the ingredients into a small mason jar and shake until completely combined. Pour over the salad and enjoy immediately.