8 ounces spaghetti
2 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Parsley, for garnish
Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add Pompeian Organic Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Once heated, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the mushrooms plus a pinch of salt, and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add in another pinch of salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, vegan parmesan, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and allow everything to simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add in the pasta and cook according to package directions, until al-dente.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add ¼ cup of pasta water along with the cooked pasta, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Finish it off with lemon juice, fresh parsley, and additional salt and pepper to taste.