1 pound dried pasta
1/2 cup Pompeian Rich Taste Olive Oil
3 whole cloves garlic, peeled
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary and flat leaf Italian parsley)
salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta in a colander, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water. Do not rinse pasta with water.
- Meanwhile heat the Pompeian Rich Taste Olive Oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until light brown and fragrant. Remove and discard the browned garlic.
- Add the red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute.
- Carefully add the pasta and toss to coat in the flavored oil.
- Add the reserved pasta water and cook, stirring, to create a sauce, 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with the fresh herbs, lemon zest, salt and black pepper.