For the fritters:
16 ounces shredded zucchini
10 ounces shredded carrots
1 cup almond flour
3 large eggs
2 bulbs chopped scallions
1 ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
For the dairy-free sour cream:
¼ cup dairy-free yogurt (or coconut cream)
½ Tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or to taste
Coarse sea salt to taste
- Use a food processor (or grater) to shred the zucchini and carrots. Add them to a cheesecloth and ring out the liquid as much as you can.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini and carrots with the flour, eggs, scallions, onion powder and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat a large cast iron pan with Pompeian Organic Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil. When hot, add the mixture (about ¼ cup per fritter) into the pan. Gently press them into a round shape and cook until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat the process until you finish the mixture.
- To make the sour cream, combine the dairy-free yogurt, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and sea salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve the fritters while hot and with sour cream on top.