3 egg yolks
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 English muffins, split
4 pieces thickly sliced ham, warmed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice and salt in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Drizzle in ½ cup of the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil a tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly, until all the oil has been added and the sauce thickens. Remove the pan from the heat and keep the sauce warm.
- Fill a medium skillet with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Gently crack the eggs into the water. Simmer until the whites are opaque and the yolks are still jiggly, 3-4 minutes. Transfer the eggs from the water to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Brush the remaining 2 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the cut sides of the English muffins. Toast the muffins until the edges are brown.
- To serve, layer a slice of ham on each muffin and place a poached egg on top. Spoon the sauce over the eggs and sprinkle with the chives.