1 1/2 cups butternut squash, 1/2 inch cubes
6 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, separated
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound pappardelle pasta
1 green zucchini, in ribbons
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
2 Tablespoon fresh sage, thinly sliced
For Garnish: Fresh Nutmeg, grated
- Toss butternut squash with 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 15-20 min until tender and caramelized. Set aside.
- Be sure to season your pasta water generously with salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, reserving 2 cups of the water for your sauce.
- Sauté shallots and garlic with remaining salt and pepper, about 4-5 minutes, or until translucent. Add in remaining Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1 cup of pasta water. Bring to a simmer.
- Once sauce is simmering, add in pasta and vegetable ribbons. Combine well with the sauce. Add in butter, Parmesan cheese, sage and grated nutmeg. Toss well and add in more pasta water if needed.
- Serve pasta and garnish with more Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, parmesan cheese, sage and nutmeg, or crushed red pepper flakes for an added kick.